How to choose the perfect red lipstick for your skin tone 💄💋💄💋
It took me a while to even take a look into red lipstick, usually I was wearing berry to nude colors. But I fell in love with how Dita van Teese looked wearing , her bright red Lipstick , so I went , it was still back in Germany , (I think it was like two years ago )to the next Drugstore and bought the first, cheap red Lipstick I found.
Of course it was absolutely the wrong tone, more Orange than red and not even close to the one Dita was wearing in all her pictures. So I googled and went back to the drugstore asking one of the ladies that worked there. She was absolutely nice and sold me a bright red Manhattan Lipstick ( I don’t even remember what number) , but it looked a lot better and I liked it a lot!
So that was the start of my journey wearing Red Lipstick ❤️❤️
Now I now I need to stick with the Medium to Bronze shades … Since I have a golden to Olive type of Skintone.
Till the day I have about 30 Red Lipsticks in I guess 6 or 7 different tones and undertones , I know it sounds Crazy ( of course I don’t wear them all. A lot are for my Clients too 😉 ) but it’s actually really interesting to know the difference.
For very light Fair Skin Tones:
If you have a peachy and cream complexion, here’s what you need to know:
* For pink undertones, go for coral reds since they are not so overpowering. Matte reds with a hint of orange look great too.
* For yellow undertones, go with a coral or brick red that is a little bit warmer.
For Medium or Bronze Skin Tones:
For those of you with more olive or golden skin, here’s what works best for you: you are very lucky😉 Most shades will work with your skin tone … you can Go crazy!
* True reds, cranberry shades, and pink-based reds look especially lovely with your coloring…so go ahead and hit up the next Store !!!
If you are Dark Skinned /black – deeper complexion, with cool undertones, here’s what you need to know:
* Blue-based reds and cool shades will look best with your rich coloring—think fig, dark cherry, and dark jam to deep purple (absolutely In right now!)
* Stay away from anything to Orange, otherwise it will look harsh.
If you have any extra pointers, please sound off below! Also, if you have a favorite brand and color that works well with your skin tone, be sure to share that too.
Which red lady /Gentleman are you? 💕💋💕💋💕💋